Thursday, April 12, 2012

Last day in nanning?!

Really how did the time go by so fast?? Usually by this point people are so very ready to move on to Guangzhou for a new place. Now don't get me wrong- I miss the boys like crazy, and am very ready to get a new normal in life at home... But I've truly loved this city and our time here! We've had great food and made some really great friends. And I may be just a touch concerned what the change will do to Mamie? I feel like each day we see progress. Hoping she will love Guangzhou as much as everyone else seems to and perk up even more!

Today was our day to "sleep in" and relax- which, well... Sleeping in, not so much. But it was relaxing! We went to the people's park with some friends. It is enormous and beautiful! We walked all around and then got to the kids area with swings and we decided to see what Mamie would do if I put her down. Now mind you- her feet still haven't hit the ground since Monday- and just this morning did she even sit on the floor! And wouldn't you know, she started walking all over (holding my hand)! Charles and I were stunned... And our sweet friends were so excited for us! We've decided, 1. She really loves being around other kids 2. She really hates hotels and small spaces ;)- so maybe our leaving tomorrow is a good thing! Apparently our next hotel room is much bigger.

Then tonight was our final dinner with our guide. I know I've told you how great he is, but he's really great! The family we are traveling with now has 3 children, and Mamie did better with them being around too. And both she and her newly adopted friend ate themselves into stomach aches, ha!

I'm off and see you again in Guangzhou!




Reading books at breakfast




Playing ball with Charles



Watching friends feed the fish in the koi pond- with baby bottles!






Walking!



And dinosaurs in the park- just for maxwell! Sorry Elliott, no pirates


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. She's just so adorable...and yes...BIG! I'm so excited you guys are on your way to GZ. We loved The Garden. Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Found your blog through NHBO. We adopted our first daughter from Guangxi in May 2009, and David was out guide as well. He was simply wonderful to us as well, and we have many fond memories of him.

    Your daughter is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete