You know how you should never go to the grocery store hungry? Same probably goes for blogging- never blog when tired... No filter!
So let me say we are still tired but feeling much better. Hard to believe this is our last night without Mamie :)!
After an afternoon rest charles and I put on some worship music and tried to refocus. The harvest bashta song was on that says " may the Lamb receive the reward for his suffering. And starting with me." pretty amazing word for an Easter Sunday. One of our prayers before we left was that this journey be filled with joy- even among the hard parts. Now looking back maybe we should have been praying "joy through the airports" but I digress. Today is Easter. A day of resurrection, all things new. No need to write the parallel to our tomorrow- we all get it. Our joy, literally "Mamie Joy Zhou" comes to us tomorrow at 4:00pm. (3:00 am bham time). And all of this begins for her. And for us. Please be praying with us!
On a funny side note, we had dinner with our guide who went over a bunch of stuff to prepare us for her, and he was trying to teach us how to properly pronounce her name and nickname in both Cantonese and mandarin (she speaks both) and lets just say we will use the Cantonese one. Every time we attempted the mandarin one, he would bust out laughing, saying it sounded like a very bad word!
So goodnight all ... Next post will probably come after Mamie!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
I have chills !!!!!I know jet lag is hard and it feels a little surreal ???? I am so excited to see this vision come to fruition. Mamie will no longer be a orphan and you will no longer be in the waiting mode!!!We are celebrating in Alabama your miracle!!!! It does not have to be perfect but when you look back it will be perfectly God s story of your family being knitted together.Amazing how God has even chosen Easter as your Gotcha day!!!! I am so excited and proud of you and Charles listening to God and changing a little girls life forever !!! I love yall!!!!!
ReplyDelete