First off, let me just say we are forever thankful to my father-in-law for giving us enough airline miles for first class. Because I would be in a much worse state of mind if we were in coach...
We left our house at 4:30 am on Thursday. Flew bham to Dallas then Dallas to Chicago- ridiculous I know. Then we got on the plane from Chicago to hong kong at 3:30pm. Here is where the fun begins. It's already strange trying to figure out when to eat and sleep because we are supposed to be landing in hong kong at 8:00pm Friday. So we did the best we could, ate, watched Hugo, took a lunesta and were off to sleep... For around 3.5 hours. Then I woke up, started watching we bought a zoo, and an announcement is made. Due to a very sick passenger we are turning around and landing in anchorage, Alaska (which we think we were already 2 hours past). We zip past mount McKinley, drop off the passenger, redo all the airplane stuff and we are off again.
Problem is that now our crew is past their legal flying time and our plane doesn't have enough supplies, food, etc. next stop Tokyo. 7 more hours of flying and we have now been in the air 18 hours we think? But in the landing we pass mount fuji. Unfortunately almost the entire flight has been in the dark. So even though Charles was super pumped about passing both mountains- we didn't see either one.
Back in the air and final destination hong kong. 4:30 am. We have now been on our plane for 24 hours (all in the dark minus the first few hours leaving Chicago) and have been traveling 35 hours.
We are pretty confused as to what day or time it is, but oh well. Off to spend a few hours in hk. Then back on a plane to nanning tonight! And forgive the lack of pictures- you really don't want to see us right now.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
I was beside myself after "only" 16 hours. :) I do not know how you did it without losing your mind. But you are there!!! So close to little Mamie and it is going to be SO worth it!
ReplyDeleteMy sweet friend! The Lord clearly was you strength...and sanity! Praise Jesus for a safe, albeit long journey, and 1st class! I can only imagine how crazy your bodies must feel. I'll be praying for supernatural adjustment and divine power naps!!! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteOh my, what an ordeal...I pray that the rest of your trip is blessed with no surprises!!
ReplyDeleteTraci