We are settling in here just fine. Pretty great actually!
We got home Thursday night around 9:45 and had a great group of friends and family meet us at the airport! A friend took pictures, so when I get them from her, I will post them. Then both sets of grandparents came back with us to the house and we showed Mamie around her new digs. It was really late. She didn't care much, but the boys were THRILLED!
I must say I'm amazed at how well they have done. They absolutely ADORE Mamie. They never showed a whole lot of interest before we left, so this has been really surprising, and so exciting to me! And she loves them right back. Lots of sharing, helping, hugging and kissing. I give it 2 more days. Then she will be old hat and just one more sibling to deal with ;) But for now, I'll take it! Tomorrow Charles goes back to work and I officially become a stay at home mom of 3 kids. But I'm up for the challenge. Honestly, Mamie is really pretty easy. Again, we are early in the game here and things can change at a moment's notice... But...I'm thanking God for what we have so far, and what's to come. We can see a little more of her personality come out everyday. The sweet, the stubborn, the silly, the feisty, the strong will, but mainly the part of her that laps up the love, hugs and kisses. She just can't get enough. Makes me a little teary just thinking about it. What can happen to a child with love. They just come alive! Now she's not all perfect, we are still dealing with terror of water, restless sleep (jet lag? she gets up and PLAYS from midnight-1:30- not so cute), slowly warming up to Dad, oh and we introduced her to our dog yesterday. yikes. That is inducing constant squeals and whines. So see, it's not all a barrel of laughs... but if those are our main issues, I will take them any day!

I don't think I've seen so many Mamie smiles in a post yet! It's a pretty incredible transformation! I love the picture of her pushing her stroller and the pics of her finally with her brothers! Big hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteThe pictures are so sweet. Mamie looks like she has quite a bit of hair? Is it thin or thick? Rissa's hair is still so thin. I love all the pictures on the swing and on the slide. Glad the transition is going well. I hope the jetleg is minimal too. Thinking of you all during these precious days.
ReplyDelete