So I will make this quick- with some pics.
Last night was wonderful! She went to bed at 7:00 and didn't wake up until time for her middle of night feeding at 1:00. Yes I know, she is 20 months and still has a bottle in the middle of the night. But we think that means she just got extra special care in the orphanage :) and I can say, I gave her the bottle with much more joy than I ever gave the boys in the middle of the night! Ha! And pretty sure charles prepared the bottle with much more love too! And then we all fell right back asleep.
We actually had to wake her up at 7:00 this morning to get ready for our actual adoption day. We can say she is now legally ours! But first we facetimed with the boys. They were so excited! She was, well... Just overwhelmed. Then off to breakfast. She didn't eat or drink anything yesterday (except for her bottle) so we thought she would be starving! But nope. Just water for her. She gets pretty overwhelmed in new places and situations, so the big hotel dining room was a lot to take!
Like I said, today was the official day, so we went back to the civil affairs building- where we got to ask questions to her nanny and orphanage director. And they gave us a stack of pictures if her! At least from every month she has been in the orphanage- what a gift!! It's so rare to have almost their entire life documented in pictures. We are so overwhelmed. And then back to the hotel for lunch and nap. Not a real lunch for her, but we did manage to get some yogurt melts, puffs and baby mum mums in her. That counts right?
I think overall she is doing really well. I mean we still haven't had her 24 hours yet! She still will only let me hold her. All the time. As in- in 24 hours her feet haven't touched the floor. And rarely has my hiney hit a chair. Lots of walking and holding. But that's aok by me... My back, not so much! She is eating little bits, but drinking a lot, so we aren't worried. She will. And today in the civil affairs building, she gave us her first smile! We knew it was in there :) can't wait to see what the next 24 hours has in store!
Tomorrow we are going to visit her orphanage. So you can pray that healing and closure occurs for her there. We have seen her nannies yesterday and today, so I'm not as worried about that part. But I know the entire experience won't be easy.
Now here's what you were wanting to see!

First morning with us

Her orphanage directors and nannies


Lots of riding in the car today- and no, they don't use car seats in china!

Poor Charles- she won't play yet, but she likes to watch him play with the stacking cups!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Glory to God! Still praying! Love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful! Love the picture of Charles playing with the stacking cups! I hope today went well at the orphanage. Praying for y'all!
ReplyDeleteSeeing that sweet face finally in your lap totally brightens my day!
ReplyDeleteShe is beautiful!! Love the diaper shot...those kind are my favorite. She looks quite different now that she is out of those bulky orphanage clothes!!! I can't wait to see her in person:o)
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable!! Loved seeing her resting in your arms so peacefully. got a great laugh out of watching Charles sitting there playing with the cups. That totally cracks me up and is quite precious all the same. Can't wait to meet your sweet one! Much love-Pate
ReplyDelete