Sunday, April 8, 2012

Just happy to be here

Honestly. When I posted last night, I really never in my wildest dreams could have imagined the next few hours. So there we sit in the airport with another adopting family we had met (who by the way had there 3 children with them!)... Waiting and watching. Watching the men take apart our plane piece by piece and put it in a large box. When at 9:00 pm they FINALLY moved us to a new airplane and boarded us as quickly as possible. And once the doors are closed they make this announcement (in English first), " I'm sorry we have some bad news. Hong kong only has 1 runway and we are in line. It will be 3 hours before takeoff." WHAT?! We waited 4 hours in the airport to now sit 3 more on a plane?!?! Choking back tears I look at Charles and think I'm going to have a panic attack. Only once they make this announcement in Cantonese, I don't have to worry about panic, I'm now worried for my life. These people are IRATE! I mean yelling and screaming ensues. And then people are coming out of their seats yelling at the stewardesses. Demanding to get off the plane. The pilot keeps coming over the intercom, but is now Not translating to English- maybe because american children were on board?! I'm frantically texting our social worker telling her to let our guide in nanning know what's going on, and asking her to pray. Where she so calmly replies all will be fine- encouraging us and praying. Nanning is looking awfully distant right about now. I think out of survival mode, I just fall asleep immediately. People yelling, sitting there, now hearing none of it. I think we finally took off after about 2 hours? I slept the entire way there! We finally land at midnight and our guide had been there waiting the entire 6 hours! But clearly were we glad to see him.
Before china I couldn't wait to have all of these great pics of squatty potties and other foreign "china" things. Let me tell you, a squatty potty at midnight, while holding all of your carry-on luggage, isn't very camera worthy.
We then got in the car, had an hour ride to our hotel (which is very nice, thank you Jesus!) and slept from 2:00am until 12:30 this afternoon! Not a peep between us.
We have forced ourselves to get out and about- ate lunch and took ourselves on down to wal-mart. Worthy of it's own post, but not sure it's in me (or you reading!) so I'll let the pictures tell the story (except I can't figure out how to turn pics vertical? So sorry for some sideways pics). Now we have finally unpacked, organized- which Charles then reorganized and are now resting! I think we can FINALLY take in where we are and what's about to happen. How at 2:30 tomorrow our guide will pick us up to go get Mamie. Forever.




Charles lunchtime bread- boys we thought you might like it!




View from our room- we think thats smog?




Roasted or jellied pig anyone?








Raw meat?








Our instructions for Mamie












- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment