Friday, January 21, 2011
Wait, We Have To Do What?
Ok, our second homestudy is finished as of today! Yahoo! No more writing autobiographies, answering discussion questions about how to raise an adopted child... whew now to the paperwork. Right? WRONG? So I'm wrapping up my time with our social worker and she says, "Ok, now how far along are you on your reading and online work?" Mind is now racing... you mean the ones I've seen in the manual? The 8 hours of class online? But I casually say "Well I 've seen the online work, and we've begun reading the books." I've read approximately 75 out of 400 pages of the 1st of 2 books and Charles has been on page 32 of his 1st of 2 books since Thanksgiving. Oh you mean those 2 books? "Well" she says, "As soon as you are done with all of that we can schedule your next homestudy." WHAT?! At this rate we may not have a child until Maxwell is in second grade! So happy reading to us and please don't call, text, or grow overly concerned when you can't find us or we don't respond. We will be reading our textbooks in solitude. This too shall pass ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Robyn! I'm laughing at your post!! We had our meeting with karla and it was great and got us so excited!! She is coming in 2 weeks to go ahead and tour our house. She told us to get on the reading so i did 2 of the online things during naptime. I'm also thinking that skimming may be the best idea on that big fat book :) And perhaps highlighting sections for derek to read-- or else we will never get through it all! See ya! ~Rushton
ReplyDelete