So I've been trying to reflect on 2010, like all deep thinkers and planners should. And I can't come up with much. I guess that's good? It was pretty uneventful? I'm pretty thankful actually. Everyone got a year older (Elliott turned 2 on Wednesday! Watch for pictures coming soon). The boys keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger... and now our car is getting bigger. But I really think 2010 was the year we learned to follow God in a new way. Beginning in January, Charles and I both heard God saying "now is the time to begin to think about adoption." So pray and think we did, all the way to finally beginning in November. I'm not gonna lie, this was the LONGEST WAIT EVER FOR ME! But fortunately for me, Charles was very much waiting for the Lord to give us a "go", where I was ready to "go" in January. But I know for sure that this process is in the Lord's timing, and by taking 11 months to move forward, He may have been saving us some heartache along the way. Who knows! We also led several Bible studies that moved us to a much deeper place with Him and with others. We made a goal to spend more time with friends. Trying to see what is important to God's heart and trying to make it ours.
I pray this is the kind of heart we have for 2011. Learning, leading and simply doing what He tells us to. Our church begins 21 days of fasting and prayer this Sunday, and last year I DREADED/ FEARED it. This year I couldn't be more excited. I know how much He has in store for us, and how my mind continues to get in the way of that. So to be in the quiet with the Lord for 3 weeks is pretty awesome. Not to mention how much better I feel physically! (And no, we don't totally fast, we do a Daniel fast. If you are curious, just ask me about it).
So now we move in to 2011. The year of the minivan. The year of adoption. And even quite possibly the year of home renovations. But most importantly, the year of SIMPLICITY! We've already started to purge stuff in the house that is just excess. Toys being a big one, before and after Christmas. But even things like too many towels or blankets, too many t-shirts and socks, serving platters we got as wedding gifts and never used, just a bunch of excess! So while we clean out our hears and minds, we are also cleaning out our space. We want to give more and have less. So you may read a post here or there on our struggle with this. How do we, as Christians in the U.S., live a life that doesn't look like excess, and points others around us to Him. I'm taking suggestions here...comment away.
Now enough deep thoughts, I'm going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment