Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Real Details

So as I mentioned before I am in full blown crazy mode. I am having to take lots of time to just sit down, remind myself that Mamie will come home with us, whether or not I pack the perfect suitcase. And whether or not her room is perfect. And it's these times where I focus on our future. Praying for her, for us, our new family of 5. A girl in our adoption coffee group sent us an amazing list of Bible verses and prayer requests from when they adopted their first daughter. I'm going to share some below and ask you if you would join us in praying these over Mamie and our family. As cute as I want her to look in her new clothes (that hopefully are the right size... which who knows!) honestly how much more important is it to be prepared spiritually- praying over the real details.
 
Weekly prayers for Kown family from now until travel in late March/ Early April:   
"I praise you because I am fearfully & wonderfully made; your works are wonderful & I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you & not to harm you. Plans to give you hope & a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday:  Isaiah 43:2; 58:8   HEALTH
·         Pray for Mamie’s physical health—that she would remain healthy throughout including once we bring her home
·         Pray that God would completely heal/ grow out her leg (it is currently shorter than right) and that it would be a witness to all in the orphanage
Monday:  Isaiah 54:17; Matthew 16:19   ORPHANAGE
·         Pray that God would allow our package to get to her so that she can see our pictures in advance.
·         Pray that the nannies would take pictures with the disposable camera we sent so that we can help Mamie recreate and keep her history before meeting us.
·         Pray for the orphanage director and nannies—that they would be open and welcoming of a visit inside of the orphanage (we are told no one is allowed in).  Pray for God to give them strength and love for all the children there.
Tuesday:  Ephesians 3:14-19; Psalm 91:4-6   PREPARATION FOR DAY WE GET HER
·         Pray for her emotional, psychological, and spiritual health—pray that the Holy Spirit would prepare her to be able to give up her survival skills in order to learn family skills.
·         Pray for Mamie’s heart—that she would dare to trust us.
·         Pray for Mamie to have dreams and visions of us so that she is not afraid when we meet.   
Wednesday:  Isaiah 41:10; Ephesians 1:3-6   LIFE BACK IN BIRMINGHAM
·         Pray for Mamie to be secure in her identity in being a child of God and our child.
·         Pray for her not to have fear or anxiety
·         Pray for Mamie to be able to connect with us and to develop resiliency.
Thursday:  1 John 4:16; Romans 15:13   MAXWELL & ELLIOTT
·         Pray for Maxwell & Elliott, that the Holy Spirit would prepare them for the addition of their sister to our family.
·         Pray for boys—that we would know how to parent him during this time.
·         Pray that boys would be secure in their place in our family and Jesus’ love for them.
Friday:  Phil 4:6-7; Isaiah 9:6   PREPARATION DETAILS
·         Pray for Charles and I—that God would help us finalize all of the details of packing, getting things ready for Mamie, etc.- Especially me!
·         Pray that God would prepare our hearts spiritually and emotionally to parent Mamie as she needs.
·         Pray that God would be our Prince of Peace during this time; that we would not be anxious about anything.
Saturday:  Psalm 91:1-2; Proverbs:4-6   CHARLES & ROBYN
·         Pray for our marriage—that Satan would have no power or schemes against us.
·         Pray that Charles and I would have time together in the midst of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment