Wednesday, May 9, 2012

One Month Ago...

Our daughter was in an orphanage. And I can't help but wonder...

Did they get to see this face of excitement?

 Did she hold her head up for kisses and receive them in abundance?

Did she play with other friends like she does her cousins and brothers? And scream like any other toddler when they steal her favorite toy?

Did she eat them out of house and home?

Did she chase her friends around the orphanage, like she does her brothers? And squeal with excitement when someone caught her?

Did someone pick her up every time she held her hands up to them?

Did she hand someone her bow every time she took it out of her hair?
 
Did someone encourage her to get up and keep moving every time she lost her balance and fell down? Knowing full well what she was capable of?

Just pondering a few thoughts tonight on our 1st month with Mamie. Knowing very well the answers to all of these things. Overwhelmed with love for our daughter. And so thankful God chose her just for our family. And as of today (don't hold me to this, we ARE only one month in...) I would go back for another child tomorrow. And if you are even remotely contemplating the idea, it would take me less than 3 minutes to confirm to you that God is calling you to adopt as well. And I know just the place to get you started...

4 comments:

  1. Ummmmm..... I'm pretty sure someone was there to hand her bow to, because Cora does the same thing. All the time. ;) Happy one month! So glad we finally get to celebrate the milestones on this side of China!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post my friend, you got some awesome pictures up there. I thought of you as we missed our connection to beijing from HK...and when they announced that too was delayed...I thought of you more...I did not however see anyone taking our plane apart and putting it in a box...whew. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your one month celebration! So happy for you! I just love all the facial expressions. Oh sooo sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robyn, When the time comes for us to have children, and we adopt (which I hope to do one day, lord willing) I want to talk to YOU! God's heart is all about adoption, because HE adopted US in his family, so we should do the same!
    Love you blog updates. It is so encouraging to read.
    Love,
    Eleanor Walker

    ReplyDelete