Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Graduate

My first born. He's just precious. Really. The book on birth order? It was written based on this boy. Kind, loving, anal orderly, thoughtful, rough and tumble, all boy, rule follower, and did I say loving? And boy does he love Jesus. And us. And all 4 grandparents. And other family. And dinosaurs. And newly added, gems. And french fries. In that order. (His love of all things science did NOT come from me).
And now he's off to big school in the fall. I can hardly stand it! I always said I would never be the mom that cried dropping her child off at big school. Well sure, when they are 2 or 3 that seems heavenly. At school all day? Hot dog, sign me up! What I didn't realize, is that by age 5 (almost 6), they are FUN. They are easy. They are actually helpful to have around. And you enjoy their company. Makes me think for a brief second about homeschooling. But only briefly.
For his last day of school, he had a precious graduation ceremony... songs, performances with musical instruments, the whole nine yards. And I only cried a few times. Pretty much kept my composure. However, this same precious kid has not 1 but 2 loose teeth in the bottom. So loose they lay flat forward when pushed by the tongue. I think I may cry harder over him losing his first 2 teeth than graduation. Where does the time go?

 1st Day of School
 Last Day of School
 "The Grand Skip" down the aisle to his spot

 Receiving his diploma from Mrs. Harris
 5K Class
 An attempt at a family photo...we'll attempt again another time
 Reception (note the tongue pressing the teeth down)
 The boys toasting themselves. Ha!
 A picture with both sets of grandparents

And a little sneak peek, Tuesday I have an AMAZING update on Mamie after her doctor appointment. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment