Mamie is 2 today! And we are so thankful that she is here to spend it in our house as part of our family! Tomorrow is her first little birthday party, where she will have loads of fun (and I will have a sunnier brighter post for you :) )...But today is kind of a surreal day. This birthday isn't like any other
birthday. It's actually proving to be a lot more emotional than I
anticipated. With your biological children, you can reflect on their birth, remembering all of the fun little details of the day. And look back over each year and see how much they have grown. And today we just don't have that. My heart is actually sitting with her birth parents in China. Who I'm certain have dreaded this day now for several weeks. Each day the pain a little greater of knowing that they will be missing another one of her birthdays. My prayer these past few days has been, that if they don't know the Lord, that He would give them a supernatural peace that passes all understanding- and a revelation of Him. And knowledge that their daughter is being loved and taken care for in every way they dreamed possible.
Thank you Jesus for this precious child's life. And that she is loved by so many all over the world.
Thank you Jesus for this precious child's life. And that she is loved by so many all over the world.

Happy birthday, sweet girl! Big birthday hugs from your China sister, Cora!!! You are one precious girl!
ReplyDeleteHey friend...I so feel you on this blog post...it is like reading my own from June for Yaya's 2nd birthday. And I echo the loneliness of the isolation of these beginning months home! I pray that the party is wonderful and amazing! Can't wait to see pictures! P.S. Yaya weighs 26 pounds as well! Bwah ha ha ha
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy Birthday precious girl! Blessings
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday to precious little Mamie. We are thinking of you all. Hugs and love from Alaska.
ReplyDelete