Well I was sitting down to post about Elliott's 3rd birthday (2 weeks ago!) or maybe our trip to Disney World this past week, and then I saw this video and all that changed...
This is a recent video of a little girl who was adopted in April, just days before she turned 14 and aged out of the orphanage system in China and would no longer be available to be adopted. She has severe scoliosis. All I can say is wow. This precious little girl speaks for every orphan out there. Those just waiting for moms and dads to love them. Waiting to know the love of Jesus. If adoption was ever even a fleeting thought in your mind, watch this video!
And now that she is home with her forever family, she is having a series of surgeries for her back. She is currently in the hospital and her family gave their address to send her pictures, cards, etc... So I'm going to have my boys do something this afternoon! But in case you want to join in, doing something fun or even praying for this little girl with such a loud voice, here is the address:
Evelyn (Xiaoyun) Willoughby
c/o Kosairs Children’s Hospital
231 E. Chestnut St.
Louisville, KY 40202
Hey Robyn, I just watched this with my kids and wept at the end where she smiles so big! I snagged it and put it on my blog too. I am becoming passionate for raising awareness for the need for adoptive families.
ReplyDeleteAnd we used to live in Louisville! Small world. I wonder where her family attends church?