Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Chapter Closes

The day is here... Moving Day! I'm a little bitter sweet. Charles and I bought this house with 1.5 years of marriage under our belt and zero kids. Now here we are, married almost 8 years, 2 kids with one more on the way. How did we get here? And I love our house. But I don't love our house enough for 3 kids. So off we go, one chapter closes, but another one, a really exciting one, is coming our way!! This will be the house where we bring our precious daughter home from China. This will be where the boys learn to ride their bikes (on the FLAT CUL DE SAC!). Where the kids will all transition from pre-school to big school. (Thank goodness not this year, or I would be a big weeping mess- today i love July birthdays and pre-school 5k programs!) So it too will have it's firsts.
For those of you that are wondering what we did to the house before we moved in... we put hardwoods throughout, painted top to bottom, replaced carpet in basement, ripped out old school paneling and put in new drywall, and, my favorite, built a laundry room/office. Yippee! Once we are settled, I'll post before and after pics.
Happy Moving Day!

1 comment:

  1. Very excited to see the NEW updates! and very excited for y'all for your new chapter!:) wells kept talking about your new house as he was talking himself to sleep.

    ReplyDelete